What Happens if our House is in my Spouse’s Parents’ Names during a Divorce?

If your house is in your spouse's name or your spouse's parent's name, you should contact a family law attorney at Heimerl & Lammers to help you navigate the intricacies of this complicated issue. If your house is in your spouse’s parents name, this can cloud the issue of the ...

2021-01-22T13:24:27-06:00March 15, 2013|Categories: Divorce, Family Law Blog, Property Division|Tags: , , |

Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO)

A Qualified Domestic Relations Order or QDRO (pronounced “Kwa-Drough”) is a technique attorneys use to shift ownership of funds from one party’s retirement account to another. A  QDRO is typically used to move funds during marriages, child support cases, and spousal support settlements between former and current spouses. The party ...

2021-12-01T09:26:40-06:00January 16, 2013|Categories: Child Custody, Child Support, Family Law Blog, Property Division|Tags: , , , , |

How Infidelity Affects Divorce Proceedings

Cheating scandals are commonplace in the news today, and many of these couples opt for a divorce.  While infidelity takes certain emotion and physical tolls, it may have a varying effect on divorce settlements and payments. A No-Fault State Minnesota is considered a “no-fault” state when it comes to divorce, ...

2020-08-27T16:59:41-05:00December 19, 2012|Categories: Divorce, Family Law Blog, Father's Rights, Property Division|Tags: , , |