Minnesota Custody Attorney
A custody attorney can provide all of the following in a Minnesota third party custody case:
- Representation of a grandparent seeking custody of grandchildren
- Representation of a grandparent when their son is involved in a paternity dispute
- Non-relative third parties seeking custody of a child
- Grandparents seeking custody while preserving parenting time and visitation rights of the mother
- Grandparent visitation rights
The goal is to do what is best for the child, while helping you meet your needs. We will work with psychologists and child specialists to ensure that every action is in the best interest of the child.
If you have been raising your grandchildren on your own, you should have a custody consent decree, signed by the parent, giving you legal rights to enroll the children in school, take them to the doctor, and make day-to-day decisions for them. Contact the Minneapolis family law attorneys at Heimerl & Lammers today. We can help you draft an agreement that fits your needs and walk you through the court process to get custodial or visitation rights to your grandchildren.