You may have been happy with your divorce decree a few years ago when the judge issued it, but circumstances change, making the decree impractical or unworkable for you and your ex-spouse. When this happens, you need to ask the court for a post-decree modification. You will need a knowledgeable Minnesota family law attorney to help you.

It is not always easy to modify a divorce decree, and our attorneys can assess your situation to see if it is possible for you.

Why Modify a Divorce Decree?

Our clients rely on us for post-decree divorce modifications when any of the following occurs:

  • You or your ex-spouse become unemployed
  • Either of you retires or suffers a disabling injury
  • Your child requires special medical care
  • One of you remarries or gets a higher paying job
  • There is a significant rise in the cost of living

Experience and Understanding Matters – Free Consultation

After your divorce, going back to court is probably the last thing you want to do. But a post-decree modification might be in the best interests of your child. Whatever your goal is, we will work with you and lay out all your options in order to reach your goal.

Do not hesitate to call Heimerl & Lammers in Minneapolis or Saint Paul at (612) 294-2200 to speak with one of our family law attorneys. You will receive a confidential and friendly consultation at no charge to you. Feel free to contact us using the contact form on this site as well.