Minnesota Serious Injury Attorney
Motor vehicle accidents (including car, truck and motorcycle crashes) result in nearly 80 percent of the personal injury cases we handle at the law firm of Heimerl & Lammers in St. Paul. Some of the other types of common injury claims involve job-related accidents, dog bites, and slip and fall accidents.
Whenever you’ve been injured by another person’s negligence, you deserve to be compensated for damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and disability. Our lawyers offer a free initial consultation to answer your questions and explain your rights if you are injured.
What Are Serious Personal Injuries?
Serious injuries are those that go beyond a few days of discomfort and have a significant impact on your life. Examples include:
- Neck and back injuries ranging from whiplash lasting a few months to spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis
- Chronic pain that affects your ability to live your life and do the things you enjoy
- Broken bones
- Road rash for motorcycle accident victims
- Burns and scars
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Brain injury resulting in short-term memory loss, personality changes or severe impairment
If I Get Medical Treatment, Will My No-Fault Insurance Go Up?
Many of our clients who have been injured in car accidents tell us that they don’t go to the doctor because they are afraid their no-fault auto insurance rates will go up. However, your insurance rates will only go up if the accident was your fault.
It’s important to go to a doctor as soon as possible, not only to receive treatment but also receive a medical opinion in case there is a dispute with the insurance company about the extent of your injury and how it was caused.