If you are struggling to get out from under overwhelming debt during the course of a divorce proceeding, bankruptcy may be your path to a fresh financial start. Ask yourself if any of these apply to your situation:
- Do you owe more than you can pay?
- Are you being hounded by creditors harassing you and threatening legal action?
- Are you having trouble making even the minimum payments of your credit card debts and other debts?
- Do you feel overwhelmed with the increasing bills piling up?
- Is debt negatively impacting other aspects of your life including your work and family situation?
- Are you at risk of losing your home to foreclosure or your car to repossession?
- Are you experiencing job loss, serious medical injuries or other major financial setbacks?
- Are you feeling increasingly overwhelmed, anxious, depressed or ashamed with your current financial situation?
If so, then contact an attorney at Heimerl & Lammers and take the first step towards relieving yourself of financial distress.
How a Lawyer Can Help
Choosing to file for bankruptcy will make it possible for you to continue on with your life without worrying about the consequences of not paying those overdue bills and overwhelming debts. A bankruptcy attorney will help you navigate the bankruptcy process, and you will benefit in the following ways by hiring a bankruptcy attorney from Heimerl & Lammers:
- You will be guided through the bankruptcy process by an expert in bankruptcy.
- Your assets will be protected to the fullest extent possible.
- Filing for bankruptcy will put an end to wage garnishment and other harassing practices of debt collectors.
- On your secured debts (i.e. mortgage, car payments, etc.), you will be granted an opportunity to catch up on missed payments without worrying about foreclosure or repossession.
- You will also have an opportunity to challenge the claims of debt collectors who you believe have committed fraud or are trying to take more than what you owe.
- Most importantly, you will be discharged of the legal obligation to pay most or all of your unsecured debts, so you can have a fresh financial start.
Call today for a free consultation with a bankruptcy attorney at Heimerl & Lammers.