Workers’ Comp Law Firm in Minneapolis and Saint Paul

Did you ever think that your job might be harming you? Some people go to work every day without realizing that a workplace condition is threatening their health. Because this type of injury occurs over time, some workers fail to realize that their workplace is hazardous to their health.

This type of condition is an occupational disease, and Minnesota workers’ compensation laws provide coverage for workers afflicted with them.

Occupational Disease – Are You at Risk?

Workers from all types of industries can be at risk for an occupational disease. Dust, toxic chemicals, radiation, gases and loud noises are just a few of the dangerous workplace conditions that can harm you. Even workers in ordinary office environments have suffered from serious health complications caused by toxic mold and repetitive motions.

Our work comp attorneys represent victims of all types of occupational diseases, including:

  • Lead poisoning
  • Infectious skin conditions
  • Asbestos disease and respiratory illness
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome
  • Benzene and carbon dioxide poisoning

Is Your Occupational Disease Covered Under Work Comp?

If the conditions in your workplace put you at a greater risk for an illness compared to the general public, you might have a claim under Minnesota workers’ compensation law. A medical diagnosis, along with an experienced workers’ comp attorney, increases your chances of a successful claim.

There are many reasons why your employer’s insurance company might dispute your claim. Insurance companies can be intimidating and the claims process can be confusing. It can all seem overwhelming, especially if your health is suffering.

Insurance companies do not intimidate the lawyers at Heimerl & Lammers. We have a history of being strong advocates for all our clients, and we will stand by your side on workers’ comp issues. We are always prepared to offer you a free and friendly consultation at one of our Twin Cities offices. Call us at (612) 294-2200 or (651) 777-1811 or use the contact form on this page.