We are adding to our growing legal team! At Heimerl & Lammers, we are dedicated to giving the best possible family law representation for Minnesotans. Our attorneys and paralegals strive to make a difference in the lives of those in need of help in difficult times, and we do so in a cooperative, rewarding environment.
We are seeking a paralegal to join our team with at least 3 years of experience drafting pleadings, consulting with clients, providing general administrative support, and case management. We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, a great attitude, and a willingness to help wherever it is needed.
If you feel that you meet our criteria, we want to know more about you. Submit your resume. If we see you are an excellent candidate, we will reach out to have a conversation about your background, skills, and legal passion, so we can both determine if the role is a great fit for you.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Provide all aspects of legal and administrative support
- Draft and manage correspondence
- Prepare legal pleadings
- Prepare documents and manage the discovery process
- Communicate with potential and existing clients on the phone, in person, via video conference and by email
- Schedule some appointments and manage attorney’s calendar
- E-file documents with courts and e-record deeds
- Maintain client database and manage client files
- Perform basic administrative tasks as needed, such as scanning, mailing, and filing
- 3+ years’ experience as a paralegal for a family law firm
- Formal paralegal training from an accredited program preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all clients in a warm, kind and respectful manner
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute numerous tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including scanner, copier, printer, multi-line telephone
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other standard office software, with experience in Clio preferred
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision, including analysis and problem solving as needed
- Reliable, trustworthy, and able to maintain strict client confidentiality
Competitive salary offered based on candidates experience and qualifications.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Family Law Legal: 6 years (required)
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Minnetonka, MN 55305: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (required)